Table of contents
Information in various languages
The Career Information Centres «biz» (abbreviation for Berufsinformationszentrum) provide counselling and assistance with your questions regarding occupational careers in Switzerland.
Each biz has a so-called information counter where you can find free information material (in German) and learn more about education, training and careers in Switzerland.
For a short personal counselling in German, you can drop by your local biz unannounced during the opening hours of the information counter.
During short consultations at the information counter, you can ask questions about career and training. Career counsellors will answer your questions and refer you to other specialist departments if needed.
Career counselling covers topics such as:
- Profession, academic studies, education and continuing education
- Labour market integration, searching and applying for jobs
- Recognition of foreign diplomas
- Professional qualification courses for adults
- Financing education and continuing education programmes
Find your competent biz:
Integras Informative Events
Integras events are targeted at parents whose teenagers are about to choose a career (typically grade 9–11), at young people, family members and anyone interested. Attendants will be provided with information in their own language about the following topics:
- Career choices in the Canton of Zurich
- The Swiss educational system
- The importance of vocational education and training (apprenticeship with or without Federal Vocational Baccalaureate)
- The role of parents and how they can support their children in the process of choosing a career
- Services provided by the Career Information Centre (biz)
In addition, apprentices share about the experience they made choosing a career and finding an apprenticeship position (at events with different language groups, the apprentice will share in that respective language).
Registration necessary. Participation is free of charge.
November 2021: Arabic, English, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish and Tamil.
Info-Bazar – «All you can ask» for migrants
Persons with a migration background will receive information in different languages about the vocational qualification for adults, diploma recognition, the Swiss education system and career guidance. There are 1–2 cultural mediators per language. This event takes place once a year.
No registration necessary; participation is free of charge.
December 2021: Arabic, English, Italian, Polish, Spanish and Tigrinya.