Table of contents
Zurich - Switzerland’s Economic Engine
The Canton of Zurich is an important growth driver of the Swiss economy. With a gross domestic product (GDP) of more than 143 billion Swiss francs in 2017, which corresponds to twenty per cent of Switzerland’s total GDP, Zurich delivers the strongest economic performance and highest value added within Switzerland.
An effective way to increase value added is for companies, research & educational institutions and specialised organisations to collaborate in clusters along the value-added chain. The following clusters play a decisive role in the Zurich business region:
- Financial services
- Life sciences
- Information and communications technology
- Creative industries
Networking & Dialogue
The Division of Business and Economic Development contributes to an increase in innovative strength in the Zurich area by way of connecting the various stakeholders. This includes organising regular cluster dialogue events at which representatives from one or several clusters have the opportunity to meet and to discuss current issues.
The goal is:
- to offer insight into individual clusters and to highlight their characteristics,
- to give cluster-connecting and cross-cluster impetus,
- to bring together and connect representatives from various disciplines and specialised fields,
- to show the potential within and beyond the clusters,
- to stimulate new collaborations and fields of activity.
Innovation and Technology Transfer
Innovation transfer and technology transfer are key factors for cluster advancement. The following organisations play a pivotal role in that respect:
Use the accordion controls to toggle the visibility of each panel (below the controls).
Data & statistics
Is this page comprehensible?
Thank you for your feedback
Office for Economy and Labour - Business and Economic Development Division