Catering & schools of hotel management

Procedure for hotel management trainees

The AWA issues a work permit to students of hotel management who are receiving practical training if the following conditions are met.

The school of hotel management must be a member of ASEH (Swiss Hotel Schools Association) or listed in the register of private schools.

The minimum salary requirement in Art 11 of the L-GAV (Collective labour agreement for the hotel and catering industry) has to be adhered to

Students must have a residence permit valid for the canton in which the school is domiciled;

The school must be eduQua certified.

The time in gainful employment may not exceed half of the entire time spent in training (see also Art. 39 VZAE).

Trainees must not make up more than a quarter of the staff of the employment company.