You are currently on the following page:
We have compiled some (cantonal) information about the corona pandemic (links partly in german). We will continuously refine and update this overview in the coming days to enable you to find the answers you need quickly and without wasting time.
This is how we protect ourselves
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly.
- Avoid shaking hands.
- Sneeze or cough into a tissue or the crook of your arm.
- Dispose of your tissues in a closed container.
- Call ahead before visiting your doctor or the hospital emergency department.
Keeping your distance
- Stay at home whenever possible.
- Avoid close contact with the elderly or chronically ill.
- Always keep two meters away from other people when queuing, in meetings, or in public transport.
- Recommendation: If it’s not possible to keep your distance, wear a mask.
Other mandatory measures
- Gatherings of more than five people are prohibited (and violations are subject to a fine of CHF 100).
- All events are prohibited.
Easing the measures, the position on 22 April 2020
Der Inhalt des Video-Films wird im nachfolgenden Text erklärt.
In March 2020, the Federal Council introduced measures to combat Covid-19. By complying closely with these measures, the population has helped ensure that the intensive care units in our hospitals have not been overwhelmed so far. Numbers of new infections remain stable or are in decline. As a consequence, the Federal Council plans to gradually ease the measures introduced.
Economy & Labour
The Office for Economy and Labour and the Department for Economic Affairs have compiled the following information:
- Measure package for the economy
- Information für employers adn job-seekers
- Information for employees
- Information for the self-employed
- Information for SME
- Information for non-profit organizations
Road traffic and shipping
The Driver and Vehicle Licensing Office has compiled the following information:
- The counters of all Zurich Driver and Vehicle Licensing Offices and Vessels Registration Offices are open again as of Monday, April 27 (we still ask our customers to do their business online, by phone or mail whenever possible, and only come in person if absolutely necessary).
- As of Monday, April 27, we will carry out regular vehicle inspections again at all locations (all appointments we have sent out until March remain canceled; appointments for voluntary vehicle inspections can be made again as of now; we will send out new appointments for periodical vehicle inspections).
- Theory exams and driver's license tests will take place again as of May 11. Appointments can be made again immediately. You will need special protective equipment for the driver's license test.
Border crossing points
In order to implement the Switzerland-wide expansion of border controls, smaller border crossings have been closed for passenger traffic, and border traffic is directed to the larger border crossings.
Information about which border crossings are still open and who can use the “green lanes” is issued by the federal government:
The Department of Education has compiled the following information:
- Information for elementary schools
- Information for secondary and vocational schools
- Information for crèches / day-care centres and playgroups
- Information for children's and youth homes and providers of social pedagogical family help
The Office of Elementary Education has compiled information on the resumption of classroom teaching in general education schools.
The Integration Office has compiled the following information:
- Current status concerning integration promotion services
- Information for the migrant population
The Government Council has empowered the communal councils to take temporary measures on behalf of communal assemblies and municipal parliaments to alleviate the economic burden resulting from the coronavirus containment orders.
The Office of Municipalities answers questions on the specific implementation, for example, when approving expenditure:
Phone: +41 (0)43 259 83 30, Monday to Thursday: 8.00 a.m. to 11.45 a.m. and 1.30 p.m. to 5.00 p.m., Friday: until 4:00 p.m.