Zurich Correctional Facilities
The Zurich Correctional Facilities comprise four institutions with inmates in closed regimes and open regimes as well as in preparatory detention, pre-deportation detention, and coercive detention. On this site, you will find interesting information on the correctional facilities and what they do.
Table of contents
- Management of the Zurich Correctional Facilities (head and staff services)
- 175,2 positions
- Four institutions with a total capacity of 327 inmates
Tasks and responsibilities of the Zurich Correctional Facilities (VEZ)
- Prison sentences based on court verdicts
- Alternative custodial sentences due to culpably unpaid monetary penalty or fines (men only)
- Administrative detention
- Placing, overseeing, providing meals for, and supervising the imprisoned persons based on the principles of Art. 74 et seqq. of the Swiss Penal Code
- Providing medical care for the inmates
- Providing work and/or continuing education to the inmates
- The main goal when enforcing a prison sentence is to prevent relapses and therefore protect potential victims.
- The objective when implementing the different forms of administrative detention is to make sure that the decisions of the migration authorities (expulsion, removal) are complied with.
|Head of Zurich Correctional Facilities (VEZ)
|Deputy & Head of Law||Swen Schopfer|
|Assistant to the management
|Construction and procurement||Beat Schulz|
|Project and quality management||André Tatjes|
|Immigration detention centre
|Affoltern a. A. Prison
|Winterthur Semi-Detention Prison
|Bachtel Correctional Facility
Is this page comprehensible?
Thank you for your feedback
Hohlstrasse 552Route (Google)
+41 43 258 34 00+41 43 258 17 11