Zurich Pre-Trial Prisons
The Zurich Pre-Trial Prisons comprise seven institutions. The primary objective of pre-trial and preventive detention is to safeguard the criminal proceedings. On this site, you will find interesting information on the pre-trial prisons and what they do.
Table of contents
- Management of the Zurich Pre-Trial Prisons (head and staff services)
- Staff: 300,8 positions
- 7 institutions with a total capacity of 525 inmates
Tasks and responsibilities of the Zurich Pre-Trial Prisons (UGZ)
- Pre-trial and preventive detention
- detention pending deportation
- Prison sentences as a consequence of court judgements until the detained person is transferred to a suitable institution
- Alternative custodial sentences due to culpably unpaid financial penalties or fines (women only)
- Placing, overseeing, providing meals for, and supervising the imprisoned persons based on the principles of Art. 235 of the Swiss Criminal Procedure Code and Art. 74 et seqq. of the Swiss Penal Code
- Providing medical care for the inmates
- Providing work and/or continuing education to the inmates
- The primary objective of pre-trial, preventive or detention pending deportation is to safeguard criminal proceedings.
- The main goal when enforcing a prison sentence is to prevent relapses and therefore protect potential victims.
|Head of Zurich Pre-Trial Prisons (UGZ)||Roland Zurkirchen|
|Head of legal services||Caroline Beyeler|
|Head of prison management at the Dielsdorf Prison||Simone Keller|
|Head of prison management at the Horgen Prison||Daniel Bosshart|
|Head of prison management at the Limmattal Prison||Daniel Bosshart|
|Head of prison management at the Pfäffikon Prison||Simon Miethlich|
|Head of prison management at the Winterthur Prison||Karin Eggli|
|Head of prison management at the Zurich Prison||Simon Miethlich|
|Head of prison management at the Zurich West Prison||Marc Eiermann|
Is this page useful?
Thank you for your feedback
Hohlstrasse 552Route (Google)
+41 43 258 34 00+41 43 258 17 02