You have travelled to Switzerland from a high-risk area.
This means that immediately after entering Switzerland, under the terms of the relevant Swiss ordinance (»Verordnung über Massnahmen zur Bekämpfung des Coronavirus [COVID-19] im Bereich des internationalen Personenverkehrs”) you must go into quarantine for 10 days.
Under Article 83 of the Swiss Federal Epidemics Act, anyone evading quarantine has committed a violation punishable by a fine of up to CHF 10,000.
By going into quarantine you avoid transmitting the virus to people in your household and members of the public. During this time you may become contagious yourself. By going into quarantine you are making an important contribution to protecting people in vulnerable groups and slowing the spread of the virus.
The instructions below describe the precautionary measures you must take while you are in quarantine to avoid passing on the virus. You will find all the important information you need to know about the new coronavirus on the website of the Swiss Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH).
Isolate yourself from members of the public and co-workers
- Stay at home for 10 days (from the date you entered Switzerland).
- Avoid all contact with other people, with the exception of people who are also in quarantine and live with you in the same household.
- Everyone in your household must go into quarantine. Even if you are in Switzerland as a visitor, the whole household in which you are staying must go into quarantine.
- You are not allowed to leave your household, even to go for a walk.
- Have food and other vital products such as medicines delivered to your door by friends (provided they are not in quarantine as well), neighbours or a delivery service.
Keep an eye on your state of health
- Keep an eye on your state of health: A feeling of being unwell, tiredness, fever, a feeling of being feverish, coughing, sore throat, shortness of breath or sudden loss of your sense of smell and/or taste are some of the indications that you may be infected with the new coronavirus.
If symptoms occur
- Immediately call the Aerztefon medical infoline on 0800 33 66 55. Tell them that you have been in quarantine on the instructions of the health authority and that you have symptoms.
End of quarantine
- You can only go out in public again once you have been free of symptoms for 10 days.
- Continue to keep an eye on your state of health: The first symptoms might not appear until later.